Thursday, May 12, 2011

One Month from TODAY!!



Just one short month from today, Sonnie is due to make her arrival!! Wahoo!!

Went to the dr. this week and things are looking good as far as her size and my sugar levels. I was 35w 2d at my appointment and she was around 5.5 pounds...well, according to the not-so-accurate ultrasound anyway. But close enough to average that the doc felt good about it.

He did want me to start coming in for a non stress test (NST) twice a week, but just as a precautionary measure since having GD makes me technically a "high risk" pregnancy. Sounded kind of daunting at first until I did that first one. For about 20 minutes, I got to be in a quiet room, in a comfy leather rocker-recliner, with a stack of magazines next to me and they just hooked me up to a monitor that I can listen to her heartbeat and then it notes any movement she makes. Some people have to mark the movements they feel but I didn't even have to do that - their machine does even that for me! And since the office is RIGHT down the road from work, I don't think I'll cry about having to take a lunch twice a week to do this. ;)

Got some other things on my mind regarding some reading I've been doing on hypnobirthing, the history of women giving birth, and some claims made that the original Hebrew regarding the "labor" women would go through as, instead, "pain" in childbirth in Genesis may have been changed in the early second century translations at a time when women were treated their worst in history. Hmmm, a definite to look into....but that'll have to wait for another post. Just a teaser for now - gotta head out the door soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...