Monday, March 14, 2011

Third Trimester!!

Well, it's official. Despite my little pregnancy ticker which is off by 2 days, I'm officially 3 days into my 28th week which also means 3 days into my third trimester! Feeling pretty good still though I have to plot now how I will get up from the couch and out of the car. Ha!! I did find out that I have gestational diabetes so I'll head to the dr today to find out what all that will entail. So far it sounds like they'll manage it with meds & diet since my numbers weren't incredibly high. They actually said "we're going to treat it as though you have gestational diabetes" rather than "whoa, sister! You've got it!!" At this point I have 12 weeks until my due date and as my dear friend/cousin Amy said, "You can do anything for 12 weeks!" Even watching my sugar intake ;) At least with proper monitoring, the pregnancy has a really high chance of maintaining just fine and the baby can remain healthy. And that makes me happy. :)

So, since I should not spend a lot of time on here so that I'm not late, I'll wrap up with a picture of the travel system that I've picked out for Sonnie. While I do love the color pink, I am not all that crazy about having pink everything for the baby. I want lots of bright colors like yellows, oranges, & reds. If we were doing a nursery, it'd be all yellow & orange. But since Graco doesn't do much in those colors (that I like anyway...they were all too pastel for my taste), I did some searching and found this darling set. Not glaringly girly but enough flair for Mommy (without too much flair for Daddy!).


That trim is in red, not hot pink by the way. Of course Graco is no longer supplying it but I did find a website from a store based in CA that has it. Graco's also coming out with a different travel system in the same pattern in April if that doesn't work out. Here's hoping one works out. Mommy's got her heart set on it. ;)

Oh, and one more thing...went to a Thirty One party to benefit a friend's adoption and bought a pair of these for Sonnie with her name embroidered on them in place of "Princess":



I've been so blessed with offers of hand-me-downs for so many things (not to mention all the stuff we already have on hand for my step-daughter) that I haven't bought her anything but one dress the day we found out she's a girl. I'm so excited about this diaper cover though! It'll make for the cutest lil newborn picture! :)

Okay, enough baby talk...I really must go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...