Monday, January 24, 2011

Espresso Yourself


At the beginning of the month I took part in a tribute show at Espresso Yourself Music Cafe in Powell, Ohio to honor The King of Rock & Roll - Elvis. I didn't tell many people about it going into it because it took me a while to figure out what I was going to sing and quite frankly, I was concerned I'd just bomb so I didn't want an audience for it. Turns out, I had an amazing time and felt pretty ridiculous for not saying more about it (didn't hurt that I felt pretty good about my performance as well!).

Well, on Wednesday night I'll be performing again and this time I'm getting the word out! This show will honor Joan Baez, Janis Joplin & Sarah McLachlan. Only $5 at the door, it's from 7-10pm and here's the website if you want info about the cafe: http://www.espressoyourselfmusiccafe.com/. (The cover is a donation to help bring in some $$ for the cafe to keep it's doors open and get the word out about this awesome place!) I'll be doing a couple Sarah McLachlan tunes and one Janis Joplin. I think it'll be a great time!

It's good to have this musical outlet. In my quest for a life of simplicity, I've been more and more drawn to ways that I can be creative. Blogging is one outlet. I've been honing my songwriting skills. But performing is where I really get a surge of energy so hopping up on that stage in a few nights will be just what I need. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...